Thanks for visiting the CMC Rocks website (www.cmcrocks.com) (Website).
(Sites) and any other means by which you provide Personal Information to us (either physically or electronically)
Collection of Information
We collect two types of information through our Sites:
- Anonymous Information; and
- Personal Information.
Anonymous Information is info that does not identify you. It includes things like analytics (info that we log regarding access and use of our Website, including details of any device used to access our Website (such as IP address, host and browser type). Analytics also include information about the date and time of access, geo-location and details of pages accessed and any info downloaded.
Personal Information is info that does and can identify you (such as your name, date of birth, email address, postcode and other contact or identifying details). If you’re under 13 years of age, you should check with your parent or carer before submitting any Personal Information about yourself on the Website.
How We Collect Personal Information
- Directly from you
- Email Lists: we may collect your Personal Information when you register as a subscriber of ourWebsite or register for updates to a particular event or events about a particular kind of music.
- Competitions: we will only use your Personal Information for the purposes of conducting and fulfilling the Terms and Conditions of a promotion or competition.
- Other: we may collect Personal Information from you if you choose to interact with us or contact us via email, phone and social media sites like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- From Event or Promotional PartnersWe might send you emails, text messages or call you about your account, ticket purchase, change of events or ask you if you would like to provide us with feedback or reviews about an event you attended or if we are running a competition or promotion jointly with another company. We will ensure the third party has
made you aware that your information will be passed on to us.
- CookiesThe cookies we use on our website allow us to record information whenever you visit our website. This may include your computer’s IP address, browser type, webpage visited before our Website, webpages visited on our Website, time spent on those webpages, items and information searched for on our Website, access times and dates, and other statistics. This information is collected for analysis and evaluation to help us make our digital services easier to use and more relevant.If you don’t want to accept cookies, most browsers can be set to accept or reject all (or just some) cookies or prompt you each time a cookie is offered. If you do block cookies, you may not be able to access certain Website features.There might also be some third party cookies on our Website where we embed a video clip or photo from a third party (such as Instagram and YouTube) and those third parties may have set cookies relating to that content. We don’t control or block these cookies.
- Google CookiesWe may utilise cookies provided by Google, Inc (Google) to help analyse how users use the Sites. The information generated by these cookies is transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.We may, from time to time, use the following services provide by Google which utilise cookies. These include Google Analytics, Google Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.To opt-out of analysis by Google Analytics on our website and other websites, please visithttp://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptoutTo opt-out of personalized ad delivery on the Google content network, please visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences
- Facebook PixelWe may use a tool provided by Facebook Inc. (Facebook) called Facebook Pixel that helps us understand what actions you take after you click on our Facebook ads, including things like whether you sign up for a newsletter or purchase a product. These actions are called conversions and Facebook Pixel helps us track these conversions in order to create more effective Facebook advertising in the future.We may, from time to time, use Facebook Pixel to create custom audiences for retargeted advertising. For more information about how to opt-out of and/or manage your Facebook ad preferences, please visithttps://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Use of Information
Anonymous Information is used for our own statistical and internal business purposes and to improve the Website and to provide certain features or functionality to improve the user experience (like suggesting artists or tours or displaying info about events that are local to you). We also measure things like effectiveness of advertising or promotions on the Website.
Personal Information is used not only for the purpose for which you provided it (like subscribing to our Website or entering competitions and promotions) but also to contact you by email with news relating to the Website, artists, festivals, tours or other promotions. We might also use your Personal Information for a specific purpose that you’ve authorised (like accessing a members only ticket pre-sale) and for pretty much any related or relevant business purposes (such as sending you a newsletter, customer survey, special offers or promotions).
There are limited circumstances where we must disclose your Personal Information to third parties, including:
- to customise and promote our services which we think may be of interest to you;
- to provide fulfil the purpose for which you disclosed the Personal Information;
- as permitted or required by law;
- with your consent; and
- where we’ve contracted out specialised functions (such as mailing houses, printing companies and storage servers). If we do disclose your Personal Information to a third party we will, where we are able to, impose restrictions equivalent to those that we’re subject to under the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth).
Other than these limited circumstances, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party (including advertisers or other companies) unless you have authorised us to do so.
If you don’t want to get emails from us, you can unsubscribe from receiving emails. On each email you receive from us you’re given the opportunity to unsubscribe or opt-out. You can also contact us- see details below. When you unsubscribe we remove your email address permanently from our database.
Accuracy, Security and Access
If you think we hold Personal Information about you which is incorrect or out of date please contact us and let us know. We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your Personal Information and to prevent unauthorised access to it by those who do not have a legitimate need for it.
If at any time you wish to know what Personal Information we are holding about you, simply send us an email requesting your Personal Information.
Links to websites from our Website
By mail CMC Rocks Pty Ltd: PO Box 537 Surry Hills NSW 2010 By email [email protected]
We’d appreciate an opportunity to fix any privacy-related complaints and will review your complaint and try to resolve your complaint at your first point of contact with us.
If you are unhappy with our response, you can apply to the
to have your concern heard and determined. For more information about how to
lodge a complaint to the OAIC please visit http://www.oaic.gov.au